January 16, 2010

It is project time. Outside is cold and windy so I open my computer and go to DPS (digital photography school) for ideas. A few weeks ago I had seen an awesome picture and wanted to know what this photographer had done. Basically he had taken pictures of bubbles with a macro lens. Since I have no macro lens I'll have to settle with my zoom. Therefore my results will be different. I also tried the set up with umbrella flash, but the lighting in the bedroom was going to be enough.

So out to the store for straws. Back home put soap in a cup and blow bubbles. I had two cups set up, one with some water added and one with hardly any water added for different sizes in bubbles. Put a black t-shirt out for background and voila see the results below.









2 comments:

  1. Those photos are AWESOME A.M.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun taking these and half an hour after I was done there was a solar eclipse and since I was updating these I totally forgot to put my memory card back in the camera so missed the change to take pictures of a once in a lifetime event, which sucked, So it makes me extra happy that these ones turned out well.

    ReplyDelete