In October of 2009 I visited a friend in Vancouver and brought my trusty Pentax camera with me. Living in Beijing makes me long for colours. Spring and fall are very short (2-3 weeks) and I feel colour deprived in the big city. I am from a country that has lots of green and my favourite seasons are spring and fall because of the range of coulrs you see around. It was my first time visiting Canada and I have heard many stories about the beautiful maple leaves in the fall, but I also realized I was not going to visit the east coast which is known for the maple leaves, but what I did not realize was that Vancouver is actually located in a rainforest. From the moment I got off the plane till the day I had to return to China I had my eyes open in amazement. The variety of colours is just stunning and although I tried to capture the variety it is just not the same as seeing it with your own eyes. In the pictures I attached below you will see I have tried to not limit my composition to one colour or tree. Instead of using my prefered 28-300mm lens I actually switched to my 18-50mm lens so I was able to get broader views and therefore more colour in one frame.
I hope you enjoy the beautiful vistas of the west.
A/M
.jpg)

Stunning photos AM...very beautiful. You really captured the colours!
ReplyDelete